Respected and qualified acupuncture professionals
At Health & Healing Wellness Centre, we take great pride in the level of care our acupuncturists provide to every client in Brisbane. Our acupuncture practitioners are trained and highly skilled at using these ancient techniques to treat everything from smoking addiction or fertility and pregnacy care, to back aches and weight loss with both respect and professionalism.
Our knowldgeable team are both AHPRA and AACMA registered, with years of experience offering this safe and gentle practice to assist clients with a range of symptoms and health issues. We focus on your exact needs and how we can help, ensuring our services are tailored exactly to your needs. If you would like know a little more, get in contact with us today and we can discuss how we can help you.
Book Acupuncture Consultation Today
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient practice of natural healing from the Orient and is one form of the traditional Chinese system of medicine which has been used very effectively for over 5000 years. Acupuncture is gaining respect in the western world as its practice has grown spectacularly over the last 3 or 4 decades.
Acupuncture involves the stimulation of certain specific points on the body to enhance the flow of vital energy (Chi). Chi travels on the surface of the body and through internal organs. In traditional Chinese medicine, the central belief is that for the body to function at its peak it must be in balance.
According to the AACMA, there are a range of benefits of acupuncture including:
- Acupuncture addresses the underlying cause of a problem, as well as the symptoms, to provide an overall holistic approach to the issue at hand.
- Helps in the prevention against disease and the maintenance of general well-being.
- Drug-free pain relief focus.
- Can be effective in the treatment of acute and chronic ailments (see The Acupuncture Evidence Project for more information).
What can our acupuncture practitioners do for you?
Acupuncture is effective in the treatment of a wide range of common and not so common health conditions. It can also assist with general health maintenance and disease prevention.
By strengthening and enhancing normal body functions, the immune system is regulated and a general sense of well-being is promoted. Some of the conditions the acupuncturists at Health and Healing Wellness Centre have experience treating include:
- Painful conditions - such as a headache, migraine, osteoarthritis, renal colic, biliary colic, post-operative pain, dental analgesia
- Musculoskeletal conditions - such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sports injuries, back and neck pain, tennis elbow, fibromyalgia, rheumatism
- Neurological conditions - such as sciatica, trigeminal neuralgia, peripheral neuropathy, stroke sequelae, Bell's palsy
- Gynaecological problems - such as painful menstruation, irregular periods, premenstrual syndrome, menopausal syndrome
- Pregnancy and labour - such as infertility, fertility, pregnancy, morning sickness, labour pain, induction of labour, long labour
- Gastrointestinal disorders - such as nausea, vomiting, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhoea, gastric/ duodenal ulcer, chronic ulcerative colitis, loss of appetite
- Ear, nose and throat disorders - such as sinusitis, rhinitis, tonsillitis, sore throat, mouth ulcers, tinnitus, Meniere's disease
- Weight Loss
- Urogenital disorders - such as prostatitis, impotence, retained urine, urinary tract infection
- Cardiovascular disorders - such as primary hypertension, high blood pressure, angina pectoris
- Addictions - such as smoking and drug withdrawals
- Other - common cold and influenza, cough, allergies, immunity, gout, anxiety, stress, insomnia, fatigue and skin disorders
These are just a few of the conditions acupuncture can help treat, in both the short term or long term. If the condition you wish to treat is not listed above, please telephone our clinic and we would be happy to discuss what Health & Healing Wellness can do to assist.
Trusted acupuncture clinic Brisbane North
For safe, gentle acupuncture in Brisbane from experienced acupuncturists, come in and see our natural health team today. Book a consultation by calling 07 3857 8887 or complete our online acupuncture consulation request today.
We also offer a range of other natural therapy options:
- Chinese Medicine
- Western Herbal Medicine
- Remedial Massage
- Cellulite Treatment
- Body Treatments
Our Acupuncture Therapists
Greg BantickTraditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Fertility & Pregnancy Care, Pain Management, Remedial Massage, Stress Management, Women's Health
Greg Bantick has been in practice since 1975 in a wide variety of clinical settings. He has particular interests in dermatology, digestive, mood and auto-immune disorders. He is registered as a Chinese herbalist, pharmacist and acupuncturist with AHPRA CMR0001733690.Read More
Tina WhiteAnti-Ageing, Acupuncture, Biomesotherapy, Energetic Facial Release, Fertility & Pregnancy Care, Iridology, Naturopathy, Nutritional Medicine
Tina has over 30 year’s clinical practice in natural therapies. As a practitioner in naturopathy and acupuncture, Tina has remarkable insight coupled with a caring nature and is a beacon of hope for those she cares for.Read More