Introduction and Acceptance of Terms
The Website and content on the Website ("Content") are the property of the Centre or licensed to the Centre by third parties, and are protected
by Australian and international copyright, trademark law and other intellectual property laws.
Content is made available subject to the following terms:
- The Centre retains its intellectual property rights in the Website and the Centre-owned Content on the Website; and
You may use the Website and the Content to the extent permitted by and provided that you comply with:
- Any additional terms and conditions on the Website; and
- Any applicable third party licenses or agreements.
The Website may refer to trademarks owned by the Centre or third parties. Nothing contained in this Website should be construed as being any license or right of use of any trade mark displayed on the Website.
Limited Right to Use
This Website is owned and operated by the Centre. Unless otherwise specified, all Content on this Website is the property of the Centre and are protected by the copyright laws of Australia and, throughout the world by the applicable copyright laws. You may, view, print and/or download one copy of the Content from this web site on any single computer solely for your personal, informational, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. No Content published by the Centre on this Website, in whole or in part, may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without prior written permission from the Centre. The use of any such Content on any other web site or networked computer environment or for any other purpose is strictly prohibited and such unauthorised use may violate copyright, trademark and other similar laws.
In accessing and using the Website and the Content you must not:
- Violate any applicable laws or access or use the Website for any unlawful purpose;
- Distribute viruses, spyware, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any computer hardware or software;
- Distribute, link to or solicit content that is defamatory, harassing, unlawful, libellous, harmful to minors, threatening, obscene, false, misleading, or infringing a third party intellectual or privacy rights;
- Collect or store personal data about other users of the Website; or
- Engage in any other conduct that inhibits any other person from accessing the Website.
Access to Password Protected or Secured Areas
Access to and use of password protected or secured areas of this Website is restricted to authorised users only. You will be asked to provide accurate and current information on all registration forms on this Website. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password that you choose or is chosen by your web administrator on your behalf, to access this Website as well as any activity that occurs under your username/password. You will not misuse or share your username or password, misrepresent your identity or your affiliation with an entity, impersonate any person or entity, or misstate the origin of any Content you are exposed to through this web site.
Links to this Website
You may link to this Website, but permission is restricted to making a link without any alteration of the Website's contents. Permission is not granted to reproduce, frame or reformat the files, pages, images, information and materials from this Website on any other website unless express written permission has been obtained from the Centre.
The Centre reserves the right to prevent linking by giving notice.
Links to Other Sites
The linked sites are not under the control of the Centre and the Centre is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Centre reserves the right to terminate any link at any time. The Centre may provide links from this Website to other sites as a convenience to you and in no way should this be interpreted as an endorsement of any company, content or products to which it links. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Website, you do this entirely at your own risk. The Centre disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, to any such linked sites, including but not limited to any terms as to the accuracy, ownership, validity or legality of any content of a linked site.
Opinions and Recommendations
- The Website may contain opinions and recommendations of the Centre or third parties.
- Any opinions or recommendations given by third parties are not the opinions or recommendations of the Centre. The Centre may moderate opinions and recommendations where they are defamatory, insulting, infringe intellectual property rights or otherwise do not comply with statute or law.
Any opinions and recommendations of the Centre are made in good faith but are not to be read or construed as a warranty or guarantee that such
opinions or recommendations:
- Are or will be adopted by other persons; or
- Will continue to be promoted by them in the future.
In relying on or otherwise using any opinions or recommendations, you:
- Must make your own independent assessment of the appropriateness of those opinions or recommendations in light of your own particular circumstances;
- Must not rely on the Centre in deciding whether or not to follow those opinions or recommendations; and
- Should seek your own professional advice or exercise your own judgement in respect of any decision to rely on those opinions or recommendations.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
Subject to any express written agreement between you and the Centre to the contrary and to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- The Website and the Content are provided on an 'as is' basis;
- You use them at your own risk; and
- The Centre disclaims all express or implied warranties of any kind including, without limitation, as to accuracy, adequacy, completeness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third party rights.
Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded, the Centre’s liability under any such condition or warranty will be limited to:
- In the case of goods, the replacement of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- If the breach relates to services, the supplying of those services or the payment of the cost of having the services re-supplied.
In no event will the Centre be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage whether through negligence or otherwise (including, without limitation, special, consequential or exemplary damages; damages for loss of profits, goodwill, loss of data; or other intangible losses) suffered by you or any other person as a result of, or in connection with your use of the Website, Content or linked websites.
The Centre reserves the right to, without notice:
- Terminate your access to the Website;
- Remove posts, blogs or other content from the Website;
- Prevent access to the Website by you or any user or group of users; and/or
- Intercept, remove or alter any content stored on the Website.
Applicable Governing Laws