Brisbane Allergy Experts
An allergic reaction occurs when your immune system overreacts to an allergen, often something which is harmless like dust, food, insect bites, or pollen. Your system acts as if the allergen is dangerous and releases histamine causing the allergy symptoms.
Book a Consultation Today
Allergy testing and treatment
Allergy treatment consists of a three step approach. The first step is the most difficult but most important which is the identification of specific allergies that a person may have. This is done via a range of allergy tests and testing methods these may include; taking samples of blood, urine or saliva.
After the identification of specific allergies, treatment protocols are put into place which may include supplements, naturopathic medicines, Chinese herbs, dietary changes and lifestyle changes. All of which are aimed at reducing a person's hypersensitivity as well as increasing their overall health.
The third and final step is monitoring a person's response and condition over time. As many people have allergies which have been affecting them for long periods, improvement and resolution of allergies and symptoms is a process that will occur gradually.
Often symptoms of an allergy occur in relation to the source of the allergy. For instance, an airborne allergen may cause a reaction in the lungs, eyes or nose. A food allergy may present symptoms in the digestive system such as the stomach or bowel, the mouth or throat can also be affected.
Other common allergy symptoms:
- Food allergies - hives, shortness of breath, vomiting, stomach cramps, wheezing, cough, dizziness, tight throat, shock, swelling of the tongue, anaphylaxis
- Skin allergies - itching, redness of the skin, rash, hives, dry skin, blisters, burning sensation
- Dust allergy - sneezing, itchy eyes, runny nose, red and watery eyes, wheezing, coughing
- Insect sting allergies - pain, redness, swelling, hives, itching, flushing, anaphylaxis
- Animal allergies - sneezing, itchy eyes, skin rash, runny nose, coughing, shortness of breath
- Pollen allergy - sneezing, itchy eyes, itchy skin, runny nose
- Latex allergy - hives, itching, runny nose, wheezing, tight chest, breathing difficulties, blisters, anaphylaxis
- Mould allergy - itchy throat, sneezing, wheezing, coughing, runny nose, hives, itchy eyes
Manage your allergy
Our team of experienced natural health practitioners will guide you through the long and short term management of your allergy. Targeted allergy treatment can relieve your allergy symptoms and help you return to a healthy lifestyle.
Our Allergy treatments Therapists
Anti-Ageing,Acupuncture,Biomesotherapy,Energetic Facial Release,Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Iridology,Naturopathy,Nutritional Medicine