Allergy Testing Brisbane
Dairy, gluten, dust, nuts, and more
Health and Healing Wellness Centre offer allergy testing for a full range of allergens and allergic reactions so you can get a clear idea of what is causing your symptoms as well as a tailored management or treatment plan from one of our experienced natural health practitioners. Reduce your allergy symptoms today, our team are on hand to guide you through the allergy testing, diagnosis and treatment options.
We’re based centrally in Wooloowin on Brisbane’s northside and our allergy clinic practitioners are ready to help. Book an allergy test today.
Book a Consultation Today
IMPORTANT NOTE - If you are experiencing a servere allergic reaction or having trouble breathing please seek urgent medical help or call 000
What is an allergy?
An allergy is an abnormally heightened sensitivity to a substance (allergen) that is brought into contact with the body. Allergens contact the body either by ingestion in the intestine, the lungs or absorption through the skin.
There is such an incredible number of allergens that they are almost unlimited, they may be drug-induced, from pollen and moulds, animal fur, dandruff, bacteria, foods, smoke or pollution, the list goes on. In some people, allergic reactions occur continuously for others it can be seasonal or just occasional reactions.
Some common allergies affecting Brisbane residents include:
- Cows milk, milk protein, or dairy allergy
- Nuts - including almonds and peanut allergy
- Egg allergy
- Fruit and vegetable allergies - strawberries, kiwi fruit, mango, banana, tomato, corn, garlic
- General food allergies - yeast, honey, wine, rice, chocolate, coffee or caffeine, chicken
- Dust or dust mite allergy
- Pollen or grass allergies
- Gluten allergy - wheat, barley, oats, etc
- Latex allergy
- Seafood - fish, or shellfish allergy
- Drugs and medication - penicillin allergy - amoxicillin, antibiotics
- Animals - cat and dog allergies
- Chemical and metals - sunscreen, chlorine, iodine, MSG, nickel, sulfite
Quite often people have specific allergies that they are not aware of which can cause ongoing health ailments.
The first step in discovering if you have an allergy is to carry out a series of tests that determine if you are allergic to a substance and what that substance is. Specific treatment can then be prescribed by our experienced team to remove the symptoms you are experiencing and improve your health naturally.
Allergy testing will be carried out by our natural health practitioners. The test could involve a blood test, urine sample, skin prick, or a saliva swab. The method will depend on your symptoms and your practitioner’s individual analysis.
Allergy symptoms or allergic reactions can vary significantly from person to person, in both severity, from mild to life threatening, and type. Common allergy symptoms can include:
- Sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes
- Trouble breathing
- Anaphylaxis - severe allergic reaction - difficulty breathing, swelling of the tongue or throat, wheeze or cough
- Rash, hives, welts, eczema
- Stomach upset
You may only have one or two of these allergy symptoms or a combination of a few.
Get a definitive allergen result
If you have allergies or suffer from other ongoing health issues carrying out allergy testing could provide the answers and lead to targeted treatment or diet changes to relieve seemingly unrelated symptoms. An allergy test could provide the missing link towards your optimal health and well being.
Our Allergy testing Therapists
Anti-Ageing,Acupuncture,Biomesotherapy,Energetic Facial Release,Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Iridology,Naturopathy,Nutritional Medicine