Natural Headache Remedies
Headaches affect nearly every person at some stage of their lives. They are the most commonly reported illness, experienced by 11% males and 15% females which amounts to 1 in 7 Australians taking pain relievers to relieve headaches at any one point in time. The good news is the professionals at the Health and Healing Wellness centre is able to offer you a range of natural treatments that are effective alternatives to taking pain relief medication.
Suffering from recurring headaches? Our experienced natural health team offer a range of natural therapies to help you combat headaches.
Book a Consultation Today
There are different types of headaches and their causes and treatments can vary, from mild tension headaches to more severe migraine headaches or to paralysing cluster headaches. A range of causes of the common headaches includes tension headaches, dental and neck pain headaches, sinus headaches, vision and dietary problems. Other known causes of headaches and migraines can include substances, illness, injuries or body systems not functioning normally. A large proportion of people may experience a headache that has more than one cause.
If you are experiencing discomfort from headaches call to book an appointment with one of our natural health team. At Health and Healing Wellness Centre, our health professionals can review your headache system and headache causes to develop a personalised treatment plan. A combined approach may involve chiropractic, acupuncture, herbal and mineral supplements, and other natural remedies which can simultaneously address any or all factors depending on the nature of a headache.
Types of headaches
- Common headache is generally referred to as tension headaches or Myofascial referred pain headaches. Research indicates that approximately 75% of the population (US & UK) experience at least one or more in any year.
- Cluster headaches persist for minutes to hours each episode and return (cluster) for weeks or months. Pain is intense and searing and can cause patients to become breathless. Usually, they affect only one side of the head and are described as feeling like a "hot poker" being driven through the eye. Eye redness, tearing and nasal drainage can often accompany the pain. Cluster headaches afflict approximately 1% of the population and are six times more prevalent in males than in females. They are especially prevalent in people who consume alcohol or who smoke tobacco.
- Exertional headaches occur as a result of strenuous exercise and involve severe pain around the back of the head. They usually subside within a few minutes. Exertional headaches afflict 10% of Headache sufferers and are more prevalent in males than in females;
- Infection headaches occur as a result of infection - sinusitis is the most common trigger. Can also be caused by allergies, the common cold, influenza or meningitis;
- Migraine ;
- Rebound headaches occur as a result of over-use of Analgesics by Headache patients. Typical symptoms of rebound headaches include the return of an individual's headache 3 - 4 hours after the effects of Analgesic medications wear off and headaches that occur daily or almost daily and last from six hours to a full day. Sometimes rebound headaches occur every other day or even every third day.
- Tension headaches begin as a dull ache or squeezing type of pain in the back of the head and that spreads to the crown of the head and the forehead. They are characterised by a feeling of pressure. Tension headaches account for 80% of all headaches.
Chiropractic,Holistic Sports Medicine
Luke utilises a variety of techniques at his Brisbane Chiropractor clinic including both firmer and very gentle approaches depending on the patient and their condition.
Acupuncture,Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Pain Management,Remedial Massage,Stress Management,Traditional Chinese Medicine,Womens Health
Greg Bantick has been in practice since 1975 in a wide variety of clinical settings. He has particular interests in dermatology, digestive, mood and auto-immune disorders.
Anti-Ageing,Acupuncture,Biomesotherapy,Energetic Facial Release,Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Iridology,Naturopathy,Nutritional Medicine
- Acupuncture for Headaches
- Chinese Herbs for Headaches
- Chiropractic and Headaches
- Naturopathic Headache Treatment
- Western Herbal Medicine
- Remedial Massage