Sports Massage Brisbane
What is a deep tissue massage?
Deep tissue massage or sports massage is designed to prevent and relieve injuries and conditions associated with exercise. The treatments are often strenuous and vigorous and meant to relieve and reduce the tension that builds up during exercise. It can be used before, during and after playing a sport or exercising and can sometimes be coupled with sports acupuncture which will further aid in a speedy recovery time.
Book a Consultation Today
Who can benefit from deep tissue therapy?
Deep tissue therapy or sports massage is specifically tailored to sporting injuries or ailments and is by no means meant to be relaxing. And, contrary to its name, isn't just for athletes. It's not only used by professional sportspeople but can be of benefit to anyone who is physically active, even if the level of activity is mild exercise such as regular walking. Sports massage uses techniques to:
- Increase endurance and performance,
- Minimise chances of injury,
- Reduce recovery time in cases of injury.
Do I need a sports massage or deep tissue therapy?
Sports massage can treat and relieve a variety of injuries and conditions that can occur or be aggravated by sport and exercise. It also has the added benefit to allow you to train and exercise more efficiently. Some of the benefits include:
- reducing fatigue,
- reducing swelling and fluid retention,
- reducing muscle tension,
- reducing the risk of injury,
- enhancing flexibility,
- relieving pain,
- increasing blood circulation,
- increasing lymph flow.
What type of injuries can be treated with sports massage?
At Health and Healing Wellness Centre, we always recommend prevention first when it comes to injuries associated with sport and exercise and suggest a few tips:
- Always warm up gently before exercise and cool down afterwards with stretching
- Drinks lots of fluid before, during and after sport or exercise
- Avoid exercising during the hottest part of the day
- Practice correct techniques
- Wear protective gear for contact sports
- Wear good quality footwear
- Don't overwork a specific muscle group consistently without a day of rest in between
- Maintain a good overall level of fitness
However, it's understandable that sometimes when you're pushing yourself to improve your performance or playing sport, injuries can occur, some of the more common injuries we can treat with deep tissue therapy include:
- limited range of movement
- muscle tension and spasm
- hamstring strain
- groin strain
- quadriceps strain
- lower leg pain and muscle strain
- neck and shoulder injuries
- upper and lower back injuries
Our Remedial massage Therapists
Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Remedial Massage,Shiatsu
Amie is a registered Remedial Therapist and member of Massage Association ANTA. Offering Swedish massage, deep tissue, trigger point therapy and more.
Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Lipomassage,Pain Management,Remedial Massage
Ellie is a registered Remedial Massage Therapist, Kinesiologist and member of massage association ANTA.
Endermologie,Lipomassage,Remedial Massage,Ultrasound Lipo-Cavitation