Sports Injury Treatment Brisbane
We can help you with holistic sports injury treatment.
Sports injuries are commonly caused by direct impact, overuse or continued force on a body part much greater than it’s able to withstand. An injury that occurs suddenly is called an acute injury, such as a sprained ankle. An injury that intensifies over time is called a chronic injury and is caused by the continued overuse of the same muscle group or joint, for example, a stress fracture in the lower leg from jogging. Incorrect technique or physical abnormalities may also contribute to chronic injuries.
Suffering from a sports injury? Our experienced natural health team, which includes acupuncturists and remedial massage therapists offers a range of natural therapies to help you combat pain and injury associated with playing sports.
Book a Consultation Today
Some signs of an acute injury that require immediate medical attention may be:
- Sudden, severe pain
- Inability to carry weight
- Inability to move a joint through its full range of motion
- Extreme tenderness in an upper limb.
Some signs of a chronic injury may include:
- Pain when performing a specific activity
- A dull ache, even whilst at rest
- Repeated swelling after performing a specific activity.
Therapies used for the treatment of sports-related injuries
– this treatment originates from
Ancient China and is the insertion and manipulation of thin needles into the body.
- Sports Massage – specific massage techniques tailored for the prevention and treatment of injuries associated with sport and exercise.
When should I see a sports injury therapist?
If after a couple of days of rest, the pain continues, all injuries should be investigated by an appropriate health professional as it may be more serious than it first appears. What you may think is a strained or overworked muscle could actually be a fractured bone. At Health and Healing Wellness Centre, we offer a range of specific sports injuries treatment, such as chiropractic, acupuncture, and sports massage.
Of course, we always recommend prevention first and suggest a few basic tips:
- Always gently warm up before exercising and cool down with slow, sustained stretches afterwards
- Wear protective gear for contact sports
- Drink lots of fluids
- Avoid exercising during the hottest part of the day
- Wear appropriate footwear
- Practice good form and technique
- Maintain a good overall level of fitness
Some common injuries our team treat:
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Upper or lower back injuries
- Wrist or hand injury
- Groin strain
- Knee joint injuries
- Hamstring strain
- Stress fractures in the lower leg
- Foot injuries
Greg Bantick has been in practice since 1975 in a wide variety of clinical settings. He has particular interests in dermatology, digestive, mood and auto-immune disorders. He is registered as a Chinese herbalist, pharmacist and acupuncturist with AHPRA CMR0001733690.Read More
Zoe is a registered Remedial Therapist and is also trained in Endermologie and Ultrasound Lipo-Cavitation. She has practiced in Brisbane and Gold Coast for over 10 years.Read More