Natural back pain treatment
Looking for chronic back pain treatment in Brisbane?
Treat lower back pain naturally. Our therapists will start with a complete back pain diagnosis to assess exactly what is causing the back pain and will then subscribe the best back pain treatment for long-lasting relief.
Book a Consultation Today
Lower back pain
Lower back pain, especially chronic pain, (pain persisting for over 3 months), used to be something that most people just had to learn to live with. However, in recent years, researchers have learned a great deal about back pain; its physiological and psychological basis and this has lead to chronic back pain treatment that can provide partial or complete relief.
Back injury treatment
Left untreated, pain can interfere with the healing process by affecting the immune system. In some cases of back pain, the discomfort can significantly impede the rehabilitation process by interfering with exercise and increasing the risk of psychological distress.
Recognising a need for chronic back pain treatment
The presence of pain is individual and subjective, and a wider awareness for taking it more seriously is growing among the health community; this is particularly true for back pain.
Common causes of back pain
Understanding the cause of your back pain is the key to the correct treatment. However, back pain is sometimes difficult to treat, therefore, a better understanding of the cause will assist with your recovery.
- Lumbar Muscle Strain - muscle strains are the most common cause of back pain, and a lot of patients can’t recall the incident that triggered the muscle spasm.
- Ruptured Disc - also called a herniated disc is another common cause, requiring lower back pain treatment. Treatment for this condition is individual and will be determined by your back pain Therapist.
- Spinal Stenosis - back pain in the elderly. As we age, the spinal canal can become constricted, due in part to arthritis and other conditions. If the spinal canal becomes too tight, back pain can be the result.
- Lumbar Spine Arthritis - arthritis usually affects joints such as the knees and fingers. However, it can affect any joint in the body, including the small joints of the spine. Arthritis of the spine can cause back pain with movement.
- Osteoporosis - this can cause a number of orthopaedic problems and discomfort in general but back pain from osteoporosis is most common.
- Sciatica - lower back pain caused by compression on or damage to the sciatic nerve. For more on Sciatica .
- Pinched Nerve - symptoms can include numbness, pins, and needles or radiating pain. Our therapists can treat pinched nerve pain to provide relief.
When to seek help
Most of us will suffer episodes of back pain that last a few days and have completely resolved within a few weeks. If you have a new back pain, you should contact your health practitioner to see if you need further evaluation. There are also a few warning signs that could indicate a problem that needs immediate evaluation:
- your back pain persists beyond a few days
- your back pain awakens you at night
- you have difficulty controlling your bowels or bladder
- you have a fever, chills, sweats or other signs of infection
- any other unusual symptoms
Luke utilises a variety of techniques at his Brisbane Chiropractor clinic including both firmer and very gentle approaches depending on the patient and their condition.Read More
Greg Bantick has been in practice since 1975 in a wide variety of clinical settings. He has particular interests in dermatology, digestive, mood and auto-immune disorders. He is registered as a Chinese herbalist, pharmacist and acupuncturist with AHPRA CMR0001733690.Read More
Zoe is a registered Remedial Therapist and is also trained in Endermologie and Ultrasound Lipo-Cavitation. She has practised in Brisbane and Gold Coast for over 10 years.Read More