Urinary Tract Infections
Natural UTI treatment
At Health and Healing Wellness Centre, we take a holistic approach to lowering your susceptibility to UTI with the use of natural therapies.
Get your health back with our natural health team. At the Health and Healing Wellness Centre, we have many speciality areas which offer complete and holistic healthcare solutions to provide you with natural solutions for urinary tract infections.
Book a Consultation Today
What is Urinary Tract Infection or UTI?
A urinary tract infection, or UTI, is an infection found in the urinary system and is most commonly found in women, babies, and the elderly. The urinary system is made up of:
- the kidneys - which control the amount of water in the blood and filter out waste products to form urine
- the bladder - that signals the urge to urinate
- ureters - tubes that join each kidney to the bladder, urine leaves the kidneys to the bladder
- the urethra - the tube that carries urine out of the body
The urinary system is designed to prevent urine flowing back up into the kidneys from the bladder and to minimise the risk of infection there. Generally, a UTI is recognised as a bladder infection and is not serious, however, if left untreated, it can spread to the kidneys and have serious repercussions.
Causes of a bladder infection or cystitis
Urine is a natural by-product of the body and is normally sterile, meaning it’s free from bacteria, fungus and viruses. Therefore, to get a bladder infection, also known as cystitis, a micro-organism or bacteria usually has to enter through the urethra or bloodstream. Most commonly, it’s E.coli, a bacteria found in the digestive tract and spread from the anus to the urethra. Other micro-organisms may be sexually transmitted, when this is the case, both partners must be treated to avoid reinfection.
Some of the most common UTI symptoms include:
- the need to urinate often and urgently, however, only a few droplets are produced,
- a burning sensation when urinating,
- a feeling that the bladder is still full, after urinating,
- localised pain, above the pubic bone,
- blood found in the urine.
Treatment for urinary tract infections
If the above symptoms are experienced, it is important to seek medical attention and not self-medicate with urinary tract infection treatment. If it’s not treated immediately, or completely, a urinary tract infection may spread to the kidneys and have serious consequences.
Natural remedies for UTI
Although it’s important to seek medical attention, natural remedies for UTI are still being studied, however, there are many options are available to help minimise the risk of a recurring UTI, such as:
- Drink plenty of water to flush the urinary system.
- Drink unsweetened cranberry juice or capsules.
- Obtain immediate treatment for vaginal infections such as thrush.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Go to the toilet as soon as you feel the urge to urinate, rather than holding on.
- After going to the toilet, women should wipe themselves from front to back (urethra to anus).
- Women should empty their bladder after sex.
Book in for a consultation today with our experienced natural health team and let us provide natural treatment for your UTI.
Acupuncture,Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Pain Management,Remedial Massage,Stress Management,Traditional Chinese Medicine,Womens Health
Greg Bantick has been in practice since 1975 in a wide variety of clinical settings. He has particular interests in dermatology, digestive, mood and auto-immune disorders.
Anti-Ageing,Acupuncture,Biomesotherapy,Energetic Facial Release,Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Iridology,Naturopathy,Nutritional Medicine