Natural treatment for depression
It is part of being human to feel sad or down every now and again, but a mild lack of motivation or zest for life may change into consistent feelings of sadness, low mood, negative thoughts and poor self-esteem. Sometimes depression can stem from significant trauma or painful event that has occurred, and sometimes it can creep up with no apparent cause or reason.
Need help with depression? Our experienced natural health team offer a range of natural depression treatment options.
Book a Consultation Today
Symptoms of depression
Mild and major depression can affect all areas of life and take away the enjoyment experienced from things that would have previously provided happiness and fulfilment. Depression can lead to a disconnection from loved ones and isolation from social networks.
Other symptoms of depression include:
- Having trouble getting to sleep and/or staying asleep;
- Finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning, or oversleeping and staying in bed all day;
- Lacking energy and motivation, a consistent sense of fatigue, finding it hard to concentrate;
- Overeating resulting in weight gain, or a loss of interest in food leading to weight loss;
- Feelings of low self-esteem and being ‘worthless’ much of the time;
- Feeling everything has become 'too hard';
- Having thoughts of death or suicide;
- Additional mental or physical health concerns, such as chronic illness, anxiety, or substance abuse or dependence.
What can help?
Naturopathy, acupuncture, nutritional medicine and massage have all been shown to greatly improve symptoms of depression, and some holistic therapies may also help to identify underlying causes that may be contributing to the condition.
Depression is one of the most common forms of health issues in Australia, and more efforts are now being made to reduce the stigma attached to speaking out about this illness. If you are suffering from depression or depressive symptoms, don’t suffer any longer in silence. Get help today.
Where to get help
If you have thoughts of suicide or plans to harm yourself, it's important to seek immediate help. Talk to someone you trust, such as a family member, friend, health professional, doctor or counsellor, or call Lifeline 13 11 14 (24hrs).
Acupuncture,Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Pain Management,Remedial Massage,Stress Management,Traditional Chinese Medicine,Womens Health
Greg Bantick has been in practice since 1975 in a wide variety of clinical settings. He has particular interests in dermatology, digestive, mood and auto-immune disorders.
Anti-Ageing,Acupuncture,Biomesotherapy,Energetic Facial Release,Fertility & Pregnancy Care,Iridology,Naturopathy,Nutritional Medicine