What are the benefits of Naturopathy?
If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional medicine, naturopathy may be a good option for you
Naturopathy is a holistic (encompassing the whole of a thing and not just the part) approach to wellness and good health. In Australia, it has become a widely used alternative or accompaniment to western medicine. The premise being, that as it is based on a more natural approach it is a safer treatment option for many people and health conditions.
A naturopath will investigate diet, lifestyle, environment, and family background in order to discover the cause of the illness and treat the whole person, rather than target the symptoms alone.
Naturopathy focuses on restoring the body's balance and using treatments that are gentle and non-invasive, making it a great healing choice for people who want to avoid harsh chemicals and drugs.
Naturopathy is not a treatment for a special illness or disease, it is often used as a complementary therapy that may be practised alongside other medical and therapeutic techniques.
Naturopathy originates from the Greek root for suffering (pathos) and the Latin root for birth (natura) and suggests natural healing. In 1895 the term naturopathy was coined by John Scheel and purchased by Benedict Lust, whom naturopaths consider to be the ‘father of U.S naturopathy’.
- Do no harm
- The healing power of nature
- Find and treat the cause whenever possible, not the symptoms
- Doctor as teacher
- Treat the whole person
- Education and prevention
Treatments used by a naturopath:
- Kinesiology and integrated bio-dynamics (IBD)
- Physical therapies - such as massage, Bowen, acupressure, bio-puncture or mechanotherapy
- Herbal medicine - herbs can support the body
- Counselling techniques - emotional problems and stress can interfere with the healing process
- Nutrition and dietary advice - a poor diet stops the body from functioning well and a build-up of toxins can lead to a range of illnesses
- Homoeopathy - homoeopathic treatments are used to simulate the body
- Hydrotherapy - (water therapy) is the use of hot and cold compresses. This treatment may be used for certain conditions to promote the flow of blood and body heat
Conditions Naturopaths can assist with:
- Tiredness – low energy
- Weight loss
- Cellulite reduction
- Digestive complaints
- Poor immune systems
- Recurrent infections
- Colds and flu
- Headaches and migraines
- Menstrual problems
- Menopausal problems
- Prostate disorders
- Stress, depression, anxiety
- Preconception and pregnancy care Children’s health
- Learning disorders, poor concentration
- Environmental sensitivities
- Allergies and food intolerances
- High blood pressure
- Heart and circulation problems
- Hormonal problems
- Poor metabolism
- Low thyroid function
- Skin conditions
- Blood sugar irregularities
- Adult-onset diabetes
- Arthritis – joint and muscle pain
- Male reproductive complaints
- Respiratory complaints
- Asthma, sinusitis, cough
- Sporting injuries
Reasons to visit a Naturopath:
- Offers an alternative to western medicine
- Natural and non-invasive treatments
- Compliments medical practitioners
- Naturopathy focuses on disease prevention
- Takes into consideration the “whole health of a person”
- Naturopathic consultations can range from $75 - $100* per hour - this makes it an affordable treatment option. (*guide only)
- A naturopath can help identify the root of health issues
- Assists in restoring and supporting our natural healing ability
- Naturopathy may assist with a wide range of prevalent health conditions facing many people today.
Your local Brisbane naturopathy clinic
If you would like some further information in relation to naturopathy and the services that our Brisbane naturopaths can provide, contact the Health & Healing Wellness Centre on 07 3857 8887 and we can discuss your health needs.
- Natural ways to manage insomnia
- What are the different Naturopathy treatments?
- What does a Naturopath do?
- What is Naturopathy?
- Where are your Brisbane Naturopaths located?
- Naturopath Candida Treatment
- Edema Treatment
- Fatigue Treatment
- Fertility Naturopath
- Hashimoto's Disease Treatment
- Natural Remedies for Headaches
- Natural Pain Management
- Natural Stress Management
- Natural Thrush Treatment
- Natural Weight Loss
- Our Naturopaths
- Naturopathy Information
Search Help Section by Service
Search our information section by a specific service. Simply click the tile below.