Importance of Detoxification
Published: March 21, 2014 Last Updated: February 09, 2022
If you are feeling sluggish or are suffering from bad skin, then it’s possible your body may not be effectively eliminating toxins. There are five channels of elimination, and if they aren’t working properly then a build up of metabolic waste may be causing a variation of the following symptoms:
- Skin - acne , dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis;
- Digestive system - constipation , irregular bowel movements, bloating or abdominal pain;
- Lymphatic system - bad body odour or excessive sweating;
- Kidneys - dark or smelly urine;
- Lungs - bad breath or a general aroma such as acetone.
Diet and lifestyle can naturally assist all of these functions, such as adequate intake of water and plant-based fibre, as well as regular exercise to promote sweating. Additional stimulation of the lymphatic system can be achieved by dry skin brushing and lymphatic drainage massage.
If you would like more information on how best to eliminate toxins, or are concerned about any symptoms you are experiencing, visit our Detoxification Program page or book a consultation today.